Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dinner Menu Plan: Apr 3 - Apr 9

My method of listing the necessities first this week worked, and I only had to remove a couple of items from my list to stay within my $70 budget (especially impressive, I think, because I have to buy laundry detergent this week). After that, I looked at a few very cheap recipes, and then brainstormed recipe ideas from some of the cheapest ingredients that I could think of: beans and potatoes. Here are the results:
  • Thurs: Lubia bi Zeit (Lebanese Tomato and Green Bean Casserole) with Lebanese Rice and hummus and pita
  • Fri: Chili con "Carne" (fake ground beef) with corn bread and salad/carrot sticks
  • Sat: Salmon Stuffed Butternut Squash with brown rice and sauteed broccoli rounds (that's the stems... peel first)
  • Sun - Brunch: muffins or pancakes with fruit salad
  • Sun - Dinner: Mexican Rice and Beans with salad and carrot sticks
  • Mon: Jody's Potato Salad (with chunks of tofu replacing the egg and for added protein) with a veggie tray and bread and margarine
  • Tues: Garden Vegetable Soup with bread and salad
  • Wed: Soup, Salad, and Bread (again?) after church service

No comments: