Friday, May 30, 2008

Going Over for a Drink


So, I went way over budget yesterday. Many factors contributed. I bought some magnetic doodle pads that kids love at ALDI, I spent more on a few items than I expected to, and I bought the alcoholic beverage that I'd become accustomed to having and not budgeting for since my brother would shop with us.

I spent around $140! This is back up where I used to be before I started budgeting. I had budgeted $100, so it wasn't as bad as if I had been trying to keep it around $70, but still! It's really easy to stay on budget during Lent when we're buying negligible amounts of beer, meat, and dairy. But not-fasting days are a somewhat different story. So, now I must figure out how to view my menu as festive, but not ultra-indulgent. That will be a challenge.

(Photo courtesy of freephoto.com)

No comments: