Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dinner Menu Plan: Feb 22 - Feb 28

It's Thursday, which is when I do my grocery shopping, so I am posting my menu for this week.  I make a lot of 6-serving meals, so we usually have leftovers (unless I decide to halve the recipe at the last minute, which I do occasionally).  These are what my husband takes for lunches -- very rarely do I have to make him a sandwich.  Often there are enough leftovers for my lunch as well or to make into another meal, but that is something I try to plan for.  Like last week, we had Easy Italian Chicken and tonight I will make the leftovers (along with other leftover veggies) into some kind of Chicken Veggie Soup.  I'll get the bread machine going before I run my errands too, so we'll have that wonderful addition to the meal.  Add a salad, and I'm done tonight!

Here's the rest of the week's menu (with Wednesday as a fasting day):

Fri: CP Beef Stroganoff with Sprouted Whole Wheat
       Papparedelle Noodles (these are at Trader Joe's -- 
       yum!), a salad and/or steamed carrots
Sat: CP Thai Style Coconut-Chicken Soup with stir-fried
       veggies and whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles
Sun: Lunch - Bacon, Eggs, Muffins, some kind of fruit
        Dinner - frozen pizza again, with a salad or a veggie tray
Mon: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (with some kind of yummy
         gourmet cheese from Trader Joe's, yet to be determined),
         either plain, canned Tomato Soup or Bacon and Tomato 
        Soup which I will attempt to adapt to the CP, and a veggie
        tray with ranch

As the next three are Leanne's, I won't be posting her side dish options, but you can come up with something yourself.  Think of a balanced meal as containing meat, starch/carbs, and veggies (yellow, green, and orange are the most nutritious, or anything else with a deep color).

Tue: CP Turkey Stuffed Green Peppers 
Wed: CP Hoppin' John
Thu: CP Pork in Cream

If those three dishes sound enticing, check out Leanne Ely's Menu Mailers!  (Psst!  She does all this menu planning and grocery-list making work for you!)

No comments: