Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dinner Menu Plan: Mar 13 - Mar 20

Good morning! Something about the combination of this particular roast of coffee and the raw milk we get tastes together like Cool Whip. That has got to be one of my least favorite "foods." Of course, since being sick with the flu and now recovering, everything has tasted kind of funny. Scrambled eggs most closely reminded me of eating wet cotton balls (not that I... nevermind).

On to our menu! Some prefatory notes: I changed Thursday, so I am including it here (not that I posted last week's menus, but it was mainly meals I had frozen earlier). Wednesdays throughout Lent we attend church and dinner is provided. The rest of our Lenten meals will be primarily vegan, with a couple of "Feast Day" exceptions.

  • Thurs: Baked Potato Bar (baked potatoes and all the toppings you can think of, like broccoli, cheese or "cheese," chili beans, chopped onion and/or green pepper, bacon bits, whatever)
  • Fri: Russian Vegetable Borscht with bread and mixed bean pate
  • Sat: Spaghetti with Clam Sauce, bread, salad
  • Sun: friend bringing over Imam Bayaldi and couscous with sauteed zucchini, and I'm going to splurge on some new Dark Chocolate-Covered Joe-Joes (Oreos) from Trader Joe's for dessert
  • Mon: White Fish (some kind) with oven "chips" and sauteed zucchini with Tyna's Irish Tea Cakes, if I get around to them (It's my Name's Day! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!)
  • Tues: Terriyaki Tofu with rice and steamed or sauteed broccoli
  • Wed: Potluck (soup, salad, and bread)
  • Thurs: CP Curried Vegetables and Rice
  • Lunches for Sat and Sun after Liturgies: Muffins, fruit, and "sausage" (There's a great fake sausage product in a tube in the refrigerated section at TJs -- check it out if you're into that kind of thing. It makes great patties and is my favorite of all the fake sausages out there.)

No comments: