Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dinner Menu Plan: Mar 27 - Apr 2

I apologize for the recent hiatus in posting. We've been fighting off a couple of different illnesses, and I'm experimenting with letting my daughter watch way less TV. That makes for considerably less posting time but a considerably better behavior from my daughter! Anyway, I'm jumping back in with this week's menu:
  • Thurs: Cuban Black Beans and Rice (This is one can of Trader Joe's Cuban Black Beans mixed with however much rice -- I use brown -- looks right to you. I would start with two cups, and possibly add one more.) with a veggie tray and fried plantains (This will be my first attempt frying plantains. I should have read the cookbook before shopping, though. How to Cook Everything wants you to use mostly black plantains, but I'll be trying it with yellow.)
  • Fri: CP Moroccan Chick Peas (this is a recipe that my Mom and I changed and converted and I now consider it my own, so I will share it soon) over couscous with a salad if I get around to one.
  • Sat: Exploding Noodle Chicken Salad (that's rice sticks, and I'm using up some cabbage instead of shredded iceberg) with fried rice.
  • Sun - Brunch: Scrambled Tofu (I'll share this one too) with toast and fruit salad.
  • Sun - Dinner: Leftover night (please let me have some leftovers!) or a stir fry of some sort.
  • Mon: Gumbo with "Sausage" and Seafood Medley (shrimp, calamari, and scallops) with corn bread and probably rice.
  • Tues: Imjaddareh (Arabic dish: lentils, onions, and rice. I will share this recipe or you can look it up online -- spellings will vary.) with Broccoli, Avocado, and Tomato Salad, and bread.
  • Wed: Soup, Salad, and Bread night, officially (at church); however, I will be making some chicken and something or other before the service for me and the kids.

No comments: